Be Part of Creating the Future!
2018 has been a great year for UK ICF, with a wonderful committed team, strong local groups, buzzing conference and an exciting new initiative with corporate buyers of coaching. We are looking to expand the Board, so we can deliver ever greater quality on all fronts and ensure strong leadership to realise our long-term strategy.
As the largest single Chapter in the ICF, we are in a unique position to influence the coaching arena. Our aim is to bring the value of professional coaching to the world at the highest standard, delivering to a membership of coaches, buyers of coaching and strategic partners.
Opportunities for 2019
We are now selecting dynamic, committed, experienced people for two different roles: –
- President Elect, for 2019, to become President 2020-21
- 2-3 Board Directors to expand the team
Appointees will join the Board from January 2019.
The Board develops strategy, takes decisions about priorities and leads on the delivery of services to members, such as the annual conference. Although supported by highly effective sub-contracted management teams for many operational tasks, the Board role is hands-on as well as strategic.
As a base line, you will: –
- Be an experienced, ICF credentialed coach
- Be a team player, deliverer and a strategic thinker
- Have experience as a Board Director, Trustee or Organisational Leader
- Commit to the global ICF vision and the UK ICF strategy
For the President Elect role, you will also bring: –
- Experience of leadership in the ICF either at chapter level or in regional or global role
- A good understanding of the ICF, its strategy, and how it works both locally and globally
- Commitment to grow into the role of UK ICF President
- Ability to engage, inspire and lead our diverse volunteer team and dispersed membership
In relation to new Board Directors, we are particularly looking for people who can bring skills in working with corporates; marketing; professional development; and financial/commercial acumen.
Previous Board Directors say they have gained:
- Opportunities to work with other coaches; stimulation and connection
- Learning: – about the profession, about the ICF and about themselves
- Applications to be received by midnight on November 16th, 2018
- Interviews will take place in afternoon or evening on December 3rd, 5th or 7th, by video link.
For an application pack, email the UK ICF office on email@example.com with the subject heading – Please send Board/ President Elect application details or you can download the relevant forms and documents here:
If you have any questions or would like to talk to a member of the Board about this opportunity, please email the office or ring 01922 660088.